I've played this game on and off since the beginning. I remember when I used to run from rift to rift, to get planarite and other rift related rewards. I remember during a zone event, everyone would join the raid to get the source stones at the end. It was hard to even get a quest done because everything was focused to stop invasions. I used to buy most blue or purple gears doing that, without feeling it was grinding.
I've came back for about a month now, leveled some old and new characters up to the 50s. I tried both the normal questing path and instant adventures. I must say, that I don't know why this game is called Rift anymore. Rifts keep opening, without anyone closing them up. I can solo some minor, but sometime it takes too long to kill all enemies in a stage and the timer run up and I cannot get the full reward. I barely see anyone for the zone events, I tried to to them solo and sometime one player or two shows up and we manage to kill the end boss, but it takes a lot longer than it used to.
Now I read the patch note and basically, instant adventures will ignore zone events and even go to another server when one occurs. Why is that? You have this full group of player that could tackle a zone event in minutes, but you just leave and let the event fail. Leaving the zone full of opened rift and invaders running around, capturing outposts. Making questing taking longer, because when you come back after a quest run, you have to free the outpost first.
I can understand that instant adventures are just a serie a small quests (kill x monster, x empowered monsters) and at the end of the chain you have a boss or defend event before starting over. At the end of each quests you get a small amount of xp but the full reward is at the end of the chain, you get more xp and adventure cash. I know instant adventure used to include zone events and I think it was a good idea, because you could stack up on planarites and stone to buy gear. Now you only get a few void stones every 30 minutes or so, and barely no planirite, unless there is a defend event. I think a zone event could replace a whole instant adventure quest chain before resuming the adventure. I don't know if it's still the case, but zone events used to trigger when there was a certain number of people in the zone. If that still the case, is having an instant adventure group would trigger such event? And then the group leave the zone undefended?
I have a level 58 character that I had leveled after the game went F2P with 4 level 55 planar blue essences equipped. Now with a freshly leveled character, I can barely afford 1 lesser essence of that level. I think the pricing is way too high for a normal solo player like me. The conversion between void stones and other currencies is not very well balanced with the current state of the game, where I barely see anyone doing rift or zone events.
Right now, I don't see the point of having a full set of planarite/void stones gear, because by the time I get it, I will probably have outleveled it. I just run quest and get green gears from them. Maybe this will change when I reach the Plane of Water zones or the Planetouched Wild, but even then, should level 1 - 60 be like that?
Until something change, this game doesn't deserve its name anymore.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
What's this game called again?
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire