samedi 5 décembre 2015

Community Morale & Pugs

So, hello from fridge raider. I'm a filthy casual who lurks and mostly runs around T1 stuff - no cheevs for T2 but this is not about that so move along - for the laugh of it when I get time from work schedule.

In we go to Mount Sharax, after I camped a guildie sufficiently to encourage him to form a pug, with our overgeared, everyone cheev'd up behemoths of pee vee eeee....

But wait, the majority cry, don't hit Bulf - if we don't make it past the second boss we'll be locked for the whole week for nothing - start on the fourth! That way if we fail we're locked to more tries on lesser beings!

Well, sheeeet. My spleen could not help but be vented at the poor guy who dared to express his fear. I darkly pointed out that we had 4/5 to kill (even this is a compromise, evading #5), and that his plans to fail to kill Jinoscoth were detrimental to his wellbeing whilst in a 20 man group with me - and that he would now kill Jinosocoth blindfolded and with his pinkie, for the very idea of not killing him.

Why is morale so bad now that people go into pugs expecting to fail? Why is it that people have faaaaaar above the hit/gear/epics/relics required to nail these things, and yet go into these raids expecting to fail and planning to fail? And then encouraging other people to buy into the fail, by avoiding the easiest pinata bosses of a raid?

Could it be that weeklies are producing people who have gear, hit, and shinies, but no clue about or confidence in their class? Little bit of sarcasm, but also not. Every time a role was called for among our puglets, there was much shuffling of feet and cringing about committing to anything outside of some out-dated DPS specs. There was one guy who jumped pretty fast to attention but I think he feared the sarcasm's lash.

So how does a community correct that? How do you get people interested in their class when so much effortless gear is on offer that encourages them to believe that if they keep doing them weeklies, they'll be raiding in three weeks, yes sirree?

This was then followed up by an expert, by the by, with a shining void knight, purest paladin, I don't know/care what the last subsoul was, warrior dps. He did less than my purifier but he sure did take aggro off the tank a lot!

I'm a fridge raider learning the hard way. My legend grows weekly with "I cannot believe you just literally walked out of that, to go and click that". Or, my character's name, which is usually shortened to three letters, being elongated to that of an elephant call across the savannah, ripe with disbelief on teamspeak. But here's the thing - its super de duper fun its immensely more fun than doing weeklies like a mindless zombie. It encourages us to get along. It catches my interest on learning (if you're in my guild, you did not see that last line, I'm busy picking flowers, or whatever it is you think I do in dimensions).

I think we need more pugs for people to practice. We had a good thing going in SL. Lets bring it baaaaaack. With less fail.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Community Morale & Pugs

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire